Total Pageviews

Monday, May 19, 2014

Strawberries With a Kiss Of Dew!

Strawberries are coming right along. I took the hay that the feed store said was good for horses and I said not mine. It makes beautiful mulch around the strawberry plants. It is supposed to help keep the weeds down and hold moisture and keep the roots cool. I am all for making the little plants berry producers.



This is the first year that I have gotten them to grow without interference of the wild rabbits and the goats foraging. That is definitely an accomplishment. I have left plants outside and before I got those planted they were consumed by the wild bunnies.



This year is going to be a productive one now I have to find a way to keep the birds out. I think the old chicken wire will do just fine on top of the cages where the strawberries are growing. I might just use the plastic mesh to keep them out as it has been terrorizing the snakes when they get caught. They seem to be able to get in, but not to clever to release themselves.



I am not sure if the rhubarb is coming up because when I planted it I really saw no difference in the ends so it might be trying to grow the wrong way. I hope it decides to show and then next year I can enamor my taste buds with strawberry rhubarb pie or other great desserts. Just reminds me of home, but it was easier to grow them up north where it is not so hot.


A little boy runs across a farmer who has a truckload of cow manure.  The boy asks him what he is going to do with all that cow poop.  The farmer tells the little boy, “I’m taking it home to put on my strawberries.”
The little boy looks up at the farmer and says, “I don’t know where you come from, but where I come from we put cream and sugar on our strawberries.”


**************************************************************
Our keep It  Simple . . . EZ Way To Make Money!
Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment