Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

Do You Have To Be Old . . .

Do you have to be old to watch the weather? It never occurred to me to check and see what the weather was when I was younger. Now it is at the top of the list. Summer not so much do not really want to know how hot it is going to be. With the garden planted it is okay if it rains so they will get the much needed watering. If not, it falls on me and the water hose from the well.
 
I watched a very informative YouTube video about keeping green onions all through the summer. He said that it is easy to find the onion sets everywhere during spring season The trouble was finding them when you want to plant them later in the season. He had seen this on another site how to make your onions grow all summer long.
 
He said to cut off the last 1/2 inch and take that and put in a cup of water. Recommending soaking them in the water before planting to re-nourish the roots. Then, you take that piece of onion and the roots and replant it. He even said it would work if you went to the store and bought some onions, cut them off and plant them.
 
I do not know about you even if I did not like onions I will have to try this out just to see if it works. I know; there are many plants that can become more like avocado pits, sweet potatoes grow beautiful vines, pineapple tops.  I do not know why this would not work an eye of a spud grows more potatoes.

*****************************************
Start a Biz Under 2 Bucks
Want to Give it a Try?
Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment