Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Under The Big Tent . . . Magic of Cover

The construction of a tent is amazing. When you look at all the seams that have been put together to create it. They put it up every year for the electric company meeting picnic. I would love to see it going up because it probably takes a crew to make it go. The employees are all garbed in matching T's for the event. This is the only cover that you have from mister sun in the summer heat.






They make it a big deal with hot dogs and chips and bottled water or soda and ice cream sandwiches for dessert. I figure that is the only thing keeping all the people there and waiting for the draw of the door prizes. There was 628 people and only 103 door prizes so your chances of winning is one in 6.








I asked the driver of one of the golf carts if they owned them and he said no they just rent them for the event. It helps out with the elderly getting back and forth to their cars. He said, "I am going golfing later." He said it was not to bad because he belonged to the club in town.








It is nice to take time away from work to be with other people, with the freedom of working at home this is a plus. I met one of the girls I used to drive with when I drove the school bus. It got so bad she moved to another town to drive.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment